Peruvie @ TTDI

Winner winner chicken dinner! It's alright if you don't get it, it's just a silly thing a friend of mine used to say when we had chicken for dinner and it makes me a happy child :)

The girls called for a much needed dinner-catchup-goss sesh on a Friday night, and so Intan suggested we try Peruvie, a Peruvian-inspired joint, which is like Nando's but apparently better.

Being a Nando-holic (mainly because of their pepperific sauces), I was definitely looking forward to it.

After beating the non-existing jam, surprising for a Friday evening, I managed to find this place. It's located on a corner lot on the same row as Mukha.

20130308_191817


The first thing that caught my eye was the interior decor. Love love love the funky colors. Was eager to see if the food would live up to the delicious looking (to the eye of course) decor.

20130308_191744

Apparently I got lucky because the rest of the girls were stuck in a jam. While waiting for them, I browsed the menu. The obvious similarity with Nando's here, is that you choose two sidelines, or more, with your chicken. My mind, or appetite really, was set on the Quarter Chicken with two sidelines.

20130308_191845

After about half and hour, the girls joined me. We were all starving at this point, so we wasted no time ordering. We pretty much ordered the same thing but with different sidelines.

I ordered the Quarter Chicken with Garden Vegetables and Fresh Salad as my two sidelines (RM15.90)

Visually, I was pretty pleased when my dish arrived. I dove right in and found everything, and I really mean everything, to be pretty tasty. The vegetables were sitting in this yummy milky sauce and the dressing for the salad was zesty without being too overpowering.

Now for the chicken. My verdict: Loved it! Expected it to be dry, but it was juicy and moist. Plus the smoked-peppery sauce it was bathed in was insanely good. The green-ish sauce around the chicken was a total contrast to the peppery sauce. It was refreshing and light with a hint of mint. Definitely tasted nothing like Nando's. I wouldn't say it was better though, but definitely different (in a good way). I still love me my Nando's heat.


IMG-20130308-WA0001

Intan ordered the same thing but with buttered corn as one of her side-dishes.

IMG-20130308-WA0000

Mira's potato salad and coleslaw. 

IMG-20130308-WA0002

The corn was soo good that Nisha and Intan ordered a second bowl! I couldn't help myself and had a few spoons too.

IMG-20130308-WA0003

They serve desserts at this place too, but we didn't have any because Nisha was a doll to bring us some of her homemade mocha-chocolate cake and that was enough to satisfy our sweet cravings for the night.

Will definitely be back here for more chicken and to try their other offerings, especially the desserts :)

Peruvie Peruvian Grilled Chicken @ TTDI,
1, Lorong Rahim Kajai 13, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-7725-7223


No comments

Post a Comment

Toggle menu